Polaris is a leader in the global fight to eradicate modern slavery. Named after the North Star that guided slaves to freedom in the U.S., Polaris systemically disrupts the human trafficking networks that rob human beings of their lives and their freedom. Their comprehensive model puts victims at the center of what they do – helping survivors restore their freedom, preventing more victims, and leveraging data and technology to pursue traffickers wherever they operate.
The Polaris Project utilizes multiple programs to accomplish their goals of ending human trafficking worldwide. A few of those include:
- The National Human Trafficking Resource Center hotline which works to connect survivors to critical support to get help and stay safe, and equip communities with tools to combat human trafficking.
- Client services which provide direct services in Washington, D.C. including crisis intervention, case management, and counseling to ease the effects of trauma.
- Government relations, who as a premiere source of human trafficking policy expertise, builds government support to eradicate all forms of modern slavery and protect victims of this crime.
- Advisory services that provide tailored solutions and consultation to support individuals and institutions in the public and private sectors working to combat human trafficking.
- Data analysis to find out where and how traffickers operate in order to understand the scope, size, and systems of modern slavery.
- Strategic Interventions- their newest program to disrupt human trafficking networks in illicit massage businesses and residential brothels by strengthening the safety net for victims in these venues and calling for strategic action that stops traffickers from harming more people.
Polaris is grounded in a set of values and organizational beliefs, and they strive to model and embody these values in everything they do. They work with humility and a spirit of service to create hope and ensure that one day every human life will granted the freedom it deserves.